Monday, January 01, 2007

A Year of Reflection; A New Set of Goals

Wow. It is truly amazing at how time goes by without one really noticing. I always am saying that I wish time would slow down so I could savour the moments of my life more.

The year of 2006 was truly a good one for our family as well as a year of learning and growing. It was filled with momentus events such as Kaelen's firsts: his first steps, his first actual words, his first experience with waves in a lake, his first attempts in golfing, hockey and riding a bike. Watching him grow has been truly a humbling experience for me that I thank God everyday to have blessed me with this precious little boy. I learned that I am a resilient person and that all of the experiences that we go through in life are meant to come out with a lesson that we should take from that experience. I let go of the resentments of possibly never having more children, instead focusing on how blessed I am with one child. When accepting this, a door opened and we learned that I have an inherited blood disorder. It is manageable, simply so, but it also allowed us to discover the reasoning behind my multiple miscarriages, the reason for Kaelen's premature arrival and most importantly, the likely cause of my father's death.

I have learned to celebrate and take pleasure in everything. In 2006, I celebrated my grandmother turning 90, Kaelen turning 2, the creation of beautiful new friendships and another year of a solid marriage that only continues to get better. I take pleasure in every moment that I get to spend with my son, my husband, my family and my friends. All in all, 2006 has been a very blessed year for me.

And what does 2007 hold for me? Well the obvious: the arrival of a baby girl sometime over the next 10 weeks, another amazing year of watching my family grow and all of the fun times that come with that. I look forward to building upon the new friendships that I have made through the blogging world and working upon the existing ones that I have. I want to grow even more as a person and continue on this journey of self discovery. I pray that my family will be blessed with excellent health and that this new year will be kind to those that I love and care about. In reflecting upon my year, I can't help but be humbled with how truly blessed and lucky I am.

May your adventures in 2007 be filled with dreams, love, happiness and laughter. Should you stumble upon uncertainty, loss or unhappiness, try to remember that it is a course in our life. Try to focus upon the good moments and try to find the lesson in the bad moments. Thank you all for listening to me over the year and for reading and supporting me on my random thoughts on this blog site. I look forward to a fresh new year of sharing, learning and laughing with you all.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Allie,

I'm very grateful for stumbling upon your blog. It is a pleasure to read. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put! I hope and pray that 2007 will be the best year yet for you and your family!