Monday, January 22, 2007

An Inconvenient Truth

If you are looking to make a difference in this world or are interested in what all of the Global Warming talk is about, I highly recommend renting "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore.

This documentary is very thought provoking and will supply you with some hardcore facts, pictures and projections of our environment and what an impact our current society is bringing to it. Be forewarned though that there are some political digs in it; Republican vs. Democratic, but putting that aside, Mr. Gore has a lot of very interesting facts that are pointed out.

It may be perceived by some as one sided, but at least it brings out issues for discussion. And, in the big picture, it is so relatively simple to change our everyday little practices to make a difference in the end.

So - go out and rent it. It is worth the $5 in a rental fee and you owe it to your family, your family's future and our world as a whole to give this documentary one hour and 40 minutes of your attention. It can't hurt.

And if you end up disagreeing with me? Well, at least it made you think right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it yet but I'm glad to hear your review. I do want to watch it but I haven't been to see a "real" movie since the baby was born. When it comes out on pay-per-view I'll get it.

kate said...

i saw it and it freaked me right the heck out. so sad. so hard to know what to do that could actually help, you know?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I keep meaning to watch it- I can get it on PPV right now. Did you also see that you can get a copy for free? Or so says this... sharethe truth.