Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Thought for Thursday

Did the retailers out there figure that they didn't make enough money off of me during the Christmas season that they now must attempt to siphon more money from me with Valentine's Day commercials and promotions? I mean, I saw the first commercial on T.V. on Boxing Day and am now being inundated with flyers!!

Luckily, I don't buy into the Valentine hype. Sure I will send little cards out to all of Kaelen's friends, but that is about it. I am not a woman who expects romance on Valentine's Day as for me, it feels fake. If my hubby wanted to do something special for me, then I would much rather it be random and spontaneous.

4 comments:

kate said...

WORD. i'm so with you on that, sister.

(although hubby and i *do* have a small v-day tradition, but no gifts)

Lesley said...

Here, here!

I definitely appreciate the random dinner dates and phone calls to say I Love You more than any pink or red teddy bear with a heart embroidered on it.

sari said...

I'm with you, also!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm in total agreement that things have gone WAY overboard with all the Valentines Day hoopla. I do have to say that Valentines Day feels no different than any other day. BUT, I do love it when I get a great, romantic date out of the deal (a present or two is nice also)! However, I HATE the pink or red teddy bears with a heart embroidered on it!