Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Thinking Meme

I was tagged by Sari for this one and I really like it! It requires a lot of thinking but I love stuff like this as it gives you the opportunity to learn about others.

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others, what would it be?
I am stumped. I don't have a vice that I can't live without. Coca Cola perhaps?

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world, what would it be?
A very deep question that could spark a lot of debate. First thing that comes to mind would be acceptance of cultural diversity.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
Cartoon character? Hmmm. Wile E. Coyote? Only because he is klutzy and tries so very hard at things only to bung them up due to his lack of patience .... or should I say intelligence. (cracking myself up here).

4. If you could live one day of your life over again, which one would it be?
Not one. Despite the things that I have experienced in my life, I wouldn't change a day as it would not shape me to be the person that I am.

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person, who would it be?
Just one person? Yikes. I always wish that there was a time machine that would allow me to go back to experience many periods of history and the way of life in general. But I have always said just for a day as I don't think that I am tough enough to handle the harsh conditions of back then. One person? Perhaps Mary Queen of Scots.

6. What is one thing that you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you had back? Nothing significant as far as materialistic items. When I first read this question, the first thing that popped into my head was innocence and the lack of cynicism.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
Aside from having my son and soon this baby girl, I take pride in knowing that I have inspired other young adults to at least believe in themselves and take that first step to pursuing a dream. This was all accomplished by an amazing Rotary International offering called RYLA, which stands for Rotary Youth Leadership Award. District 5080 puts on a week long leadership camp that young adults can attend between the ages of 18 - 24 years old. This camp changed my life so much when I was going no where but downwards that I continued to be a part of the camp for 11 years after that. It was during those 11 years that I would have former campers call me out of the blue or send me a later telling me how much of a positive impact I had made on their life.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
Talent? I am supposed to have talent? Well, when I was younger, I could wrap both of my legs around the back of my neck. Heck - it should be something that I was good at seeing as I have a 36" inseam ....... Can definitely say that I can't accomplish this feat now with this belly.

9. What is your most cherished possession?
Ummm ..... at the risk of sounding barbaric, do children count as a possession? If so, then definitely Kaelen. If not, then it would have to be a picture collage that my mom made for both my sister and I for Christmas one year. The collage had pictures of my dad and each of us when growing up.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
The only person that I can say really made an impact on my life was in high school. His name was Tom Hierck and he was a counselor for trouble teens. Tom also happened to coach the boys volleyball team so being on the women's team, I got to interact with him a lot. Tom was always there encouraging me to believe in myself. Encouraging me to pursue my dreams, to take a step back from all of the social drama involved in high school and really to do something that I was passionate about. I can honestly say that at the time I listened to him, but never took his advice at par. It would be a couple years later that I started believing in his wisdom and almost ten years later to be able to tell him how much of an impact he made on my life.
11. What word describes you better than any other?
Social

Wanna Play? I tag my sister, the newest blogger to my little world, Ellen, Sheryl and Jenn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear friend, are one interesting lady! A 36" inseam? What? My husband is 6'4" and he wears a 34" inseam! Well, I'll have you know that I am barely 5'2" when I stand as tall as can be! Ha!

sari said...

Yeah, my inseam is 28 or 30, we'd be a good pair, huh? :-)

Thanks for Thinking!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie,

I think the show you are quoting from is Star Trek. Correct me someone if I'm wrong!

Love Janny.