Friday, January 12, 2007

A Long Week

I am on Day 2 of not feeling the greatest. I am not sick nor do I have a cold but something is just not right. Yesterday I had morning sickness for the first time during this pregnancy and woke up to a general all over achy feeling. Today is not much better; I am still achy and find myself tired. The pregnancy books and journals indicate that I could be on a growth spurt, perhaps that is what it is. I am now 32 weeks pregnant and only have one week left to go until I pass that point that I had Kaelen at. I have a doctor appointment and ultrasound next week so am really quite looking forward for both of those. More in the hopes to hear that my body has decided to hang onto the pregnancy for a little while longer and that my baby has moved herself out of the Frank Breech position.

My replacement here at work started on Monday so this week has been busy with training a new person as well as just trying to get all of my work done. Add into the mixture a certain amount of tension between my boss and I and well .... it doesn't really make a conducive work environment. I caught her in a bold faced fib on Tuesday night and called her on it. She apparently did not get a report completed and tried to push the blame on me. Meanwhile, the CFO came to question me on it and I obviously was oblivious as to what he was asking so immediately approached my manager to ask her about this. Ever since then there has been strife. I don't trust her period.

Perhaps it is my irritability getting to me but what is it about women in particular that can't handle their insecurities? I mean, I would describe myself as a confident individual however do have moments where I question myself. For me, it seems of late (meaning over the past few months), that 90% of the women in my life irritate me. Irritate me in the sense that they have lost their individuality by not accepting themselves. What makes women have the need to be gossipy and catty. What drives women to be cruel to our fellow sisters? Why does it always seem that women are so ready to change who they are, their goals and their personalities for a man?

Good thing today is Friday. I mean really. I can hole up in my house this weekend and soak in the refreshing innocence of my son. If that doesn't cheer me up I am afraid we are all doomed ........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I hate it when women act like that. I think maybe when people aren't secure in who they are it's because they don't KNOW who they are. I think women should back each other up- be on the same side, not tear down. Have a great weekend with your little cutie!

Goofball said...

big virtual hug! I am sure Kaelen will blow all those frustrations away in a second. and in the mean time, just vent it all out on here

sari said...

I hope you feel better soon and are out of work asap!