Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Another Wordy Wednesday .......

Tummy Talk



This is for Ellen who asks me on a weekly basis for a picture of my tummy. Taken last night, Kaelen is talking to his baby sister and asking Mommy if I have to go to the doctor soon to fix her; meaning when will she be coming out of there.

Thank you to all who have been asking if all is okay seeing as I did not post for a few days. Yes - all is tickety boo so far. I head to the doctor tomorrow to see what the plan is for the next couple of weeks. As far as I know, I will likely be heading for a ECV sometime in the next 2 weeks to try and manuever this baby into the proper positioning. If that fails, then it will be a scheduled cesarean within the next 3 weeks.

I am 35 weeks today! What does this mean? Well, I have gotten to experience baby hiccups for the first time (this little one gets them 4 - 5 times a day), I am still enjoying what limited movements that I can feel with this baby and if this were my pregnancy with Kaelen .... he would be 14 days old today and in two days time, we will be given the exciting news that our son is being released from the special care nursery and we can take him home with us.

And when asked the question (which everyone seems to ask of late), "Are you ready to be done with this pregnancy?" My reply is always: "No. Not yet. I am enjoying this while it lasts."

13 comments:

Goofball said...

woooohoooo a picture at last! Looking good :)

sari said...

Allie, you look great!!

I know both times when I had my boys, I weirdly missed having them in my tummy. It was nice to hold them and kiss them and hug them, but I enjoyed the feeling of them snuggled inside and being so small in there (and then they were born and were giants! ha ha).

Best wishes!!

Anonymous said...

There is not much in this world more beautiful than a full, pregnant belly. And yours, my dear, is no exception. Beautiful!

Goofball said...

oh Allie, and don't forget that I tagged you last week ;)

Anonymous said...

AWW Allie!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you. Your tummy is so big :o)

Anonymous said...

Love that tummy! Thank you kindly for not going into labour during my Vegas Vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Just seeing your tummy makes me miss pregnancy, and my kids being babies! This is the first time I have posted a reply on your blog site, but I miss you on msn since you are not working. I'm glad all is going well. Oh, and I love your last picture of your little boy dressed up as a girl (let Paul know that Luke has had his share of cross dressing moments himself)!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tummy! Looks like the perfect size for a little girl.I loved the hiccups part as well. I'm getting so excited for you as your big day fast approaches. Holding babies is a wonderful thing.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love the picture! Am I crazy to say I miss that? Don't let hubby read this! And I often responded the same way you do- I loved every last minute of my pregnancy!

Jenn said...

Yeah for babies. I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you. I'm also so glad to her you are enjoying the last bits of your pregnancy rather then complaining.

Jenn

kate said...

oh, how beautiful. i love a pregnant belly. so nice to see your boy greeting his sister!

Anonymous said...

Hi Allie! So glad to hear that all is well, Great looking tummy!

Lots of Love,
Janny

beth said...

You look great with that gorgeous belly! And congrats on 35 weeks. I am SO happy. And how could I have forgotten about the hiccups? I love the hiccups part!