Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stop the Madness!

Don't ya just hate it when something seems like such a great idea at the time that you go ahead and commit to it, only to find out when you get to that actual moment, you find yourself beating your head against the wall in hopes that your brain will wake up? Uh huh ... I have got it too right now. And a bad case of the stupids.

Here is what my week was like and is going to be like:

Last weekend: Sam Steele days. Two parades, kiddyfest and activities in the park two full days. Yardwork. Housework. Playing with my kids.

This week ... so far: Daycare kids, sick kids, working at night at the golf course, housework and packing for a trip.

This weekend: Drive to Vancouver at 5am Saturday morning BY MYSELF with the kids. Expected driving time: 12 - 13 hours IN ONE DAY. Sunday take kids to Vancouver Aquarium and visit with cousins.

Next week: Spend week in Vancouver visiting sister, heading back home to Cranbrook starting Friday. Did I mention in all of my wisdom that Friday is the ONLY DAY OFF that hubby has and we won't ever be here to enjoy it with him??? Saturday sees me turning 29 years young (again) but will be spent driving ....

Following week: Run daycare, drive Kaelen to and from soccer camp that runs everyday for one week, work Monday and Thursday night at the golf course, yardwork (to catch up on), housework (to get caught up on), grocery shopping and care for my kids.

Following week: Run daycare, drive Kaelen to and from golf camp that runs everyday for one week, work Monday and Thursday night at the golf course, yardwork (that I didn't get done the week before with yard now an overgrown weed pit), housework (that I didn't do and now the laundry has grown legs and is running away), grocery shopping (that I probably didn't get down the week before and we are now out of peanut butter and crackers) and care for my own kids.

So the question is: How come four months ago the above scenario seemed like no big deal? Apparently I need some serious help.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I do that all the time too. Things look great on paper but when we actually try to fit all of it in, it's too much.

Jenn