Thursday, July 19, 2007

STOP THE PRESSES!

Stop the Presses! The impossible has happened!! Mark this day down in the history books! As of 3:00 PM on Friday, July 20th, the Whittingham family is spending the weekend together .... as a family!!

I know some of you are just as shocked as I, but it is true! My hubby actually got two consecutive days off; an occurrence that happens just as often as a lunar eclipse. Never one to pass up on an opportunity, I promptly informed my hubby that we are going to get out of town and spend some time together. If we were to stay here and just doing things together as a family, it would be too easy for work to access my hubby resulting in about five calls a day. Sooo .... I have booked us into a cheap but nice motel in the gorgeous town of Radium, B.C. It is about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Calgary through the mountains with an abundance of breath taking scenery and wild animals to spot. Our quaint little motel room comes equipped with a kitchenette, pool, large outdoor covered BBQ area and a HUGE playground across the street. In addition to those amenities, Radium also boasts of natural hot springs, fabulous golf courses, beautiful lakes and so much more.

So my friends, I am off to get refreshed with my family. This is our first real vacation together as a family since ... well ... sadly, since Kaelen was born. Sad but true yet I am going to make the best of it. And, lucky for you all, you will have to endure my ramblings accompanied by a copious amount of photos upon my return.

Cheerio my friends!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Yeah!!!

Have fun!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I know how precious that is! Have fun !!