Thursday, July 19, 2007

A Plug for Boobs

Okay ladies, listen up: If anyone has a spare coin or two burning a hole in their purse and you are feeling generous, I know of a way that you could spend it and with good cause.

As we all know, Breast Cancer is on its way to becoming a very common disease amongst ourselves. With our day and age, it is likely that you have experienced this disease and all of the fears that come along with it, with someone close to you. And, depending on where you live, you may or may not be inundated with fundraisers for this cause. This cause is very near and dear to me having so many people in my life being affected by it, including my mother in law.

My sister is once again this year participating in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer, which is a two day 60 KM walk for Breast Cancer fundraiser. Each participant must raise a minimum of $2000 to participate in this incredible personal impacting event. Currently, my sister Christie, is about $350 short of reaching that goal. If I had the means, I would kick in that money especially knowing that it is going to something that I am passionate about, however I have already sponsored her $150. If Christie can not raise this extra $350, then she will not be able to participate in the walk and despite the monies that she has raised and knowing that they are going to an excellent cause, she feels that she will have let everyone down.

So, this is my plug and I apologize if it offends anyone. If you happen to have even an extra $20 hanging around and you are feeling generous, please consider donating it to this worthy cause. Donations can be made online but we ask that they be made under Christie's profile to ensure that she will be able to honor her commitment made a year ago to raise these funds again.

Thank you to all for reading this and to anyone who has donated. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister in law is also walking in the Breast Cancer Walk. It is a very worthy cause.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

This IS such a great cause. I hope she makes that goal!!

P.S. So glad that you get to spend the weekend as a family!

Steph