Friday, December 29, 2006

5 Things You May Not Know About Me

After reading Stephanie and Sheryl's posts, I thought that I too would jump the bandwagon and enlighten you all:

  1. One of my goals in life is to become a motivational public speaker to young adults. To encourage them to pursue their dreams and believe in themselves. To a certain extent I have accomplished this goal with being active in Rotary and the leadership programs it offers, but I would love to let this build and become massive. Youth today need the encouragement rather than the pressure to succeed.
  2. I happen to thrive on public speaking and enjoy every opportunity that I have to get in front of a crowd and speak to them.
  3. I am an avid reader. Reading is my outlet to relieve stress. I will make the time each day even if it means to deprive myself from much needed sleep to read a book. On an average, I read a new book every second to third day. I also have to finish reading an entire book, even if it is bad before I can start another one.
  4. I am a truly hopeless cook. I can follow a recipe but it will never turn out to be a fabulous meal.
  5. I don't handle mess very well in my own home. Perhaps it is because I always have to keep busy and can't sit down for long periods of time (unless I am reading a book), but I always have to be tidying the house or taking on cleaning projects like washing walls or doing yard work. Yet, I can go to other peoples' houses and never even notice dirt or disorder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to speak in public too. I guess this comes from being a pastor's wife. I think young people need someone who will encourage them to follow their dreams. Ah, why does it seem like there is always something else in the house that needs cleaned, or updated? It sounds like you make a really nice home for your family!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

What great goals you have for young people! I agree! Thanks for playing along!

neathra said...

Hi, probably our entry may be off topic but anyways, I have been surfing around your blog and it looks very professional. It’s obvious you know your topic and you appear fervent about it. I’m developing a fresh blog plus I’m struggling to make it look good, as well as offer the best quality content. I have learned much at your web site and also I anticipate alot more articles and will be coming back soon. Thanks you.

Send Large Teddies