Sunday, May 25, 2008

Off to Visit History

So, let me ask you this .... Is it wrong to secretly be happy that an individual is sick and feels like crap? If so, then I think that I will be forced to do penance for a long time to come. My dayhome Mom just called about an hour ago and I could barely make out who she was on the phone. She is sick and sounds sick. Do you know what that means? Yep - it means that this Mommy can't go to work tomorrow as I have no one to watch my little angels. While I truly do feel a wee bit guilty about not being able to put in my shift at the golf course tomorrow, that grief quickly turns into elation knowing that I get to spend the whole day with my children. How lucky am I???

And, want to know what I have planned for the three of us? We are going to go here. It is only a 15 minute drive or less from Cranbrook and it is a place that I have always wanted to go to. The kids are super stoked to go (or should I say Kaelen is because Masyn is too young to get it) as we were season pass holders to Heritage Park in Calgary last year. Last year, while on maternity leave, we went pretty much every second day to Heritage Park for the wagon rides, train rides, to spend our 50 cents in the candy shop and have a picnic. If you are ever in Calgary during the summer, it is an absolute must to do on your event list.

So, we are hoping that Fort Steele won't let us down with our expectations. We already know that the wagon rides and train rides aren't in service yet, but we will go and check out the facility and then make the decision if we should go ahead and become season pass holders there. We will pack up our wagon filled with picnic items, 50 cents for the candy shop, my Ergo for when Masyn gets sleepy, the camera and of course an umbrella or two; it is a recipe for certain success.

Now only if we could come up with an effective sun dance for tomorrow .......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun!

Goofball said...

Fort Steel rocks...i love Fort Steel. The summer theatre performance in '95 was brilliant :)