Sunday, May 13, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

To all women out there: Happy Mother's Day! Whether you are a mommy to a child or a pet, an aunt or a friend, we as women have the ability to nurture all that is around us, thus this day is for all of us.

For me, Mother's Day is a day for me to celebrate this privilege of being a mom; not for my children and husband to recognize me. I know that they love me and I know that I am appreciated. Instead, I would rather focus upon this day about what it means for me to be a Mom.

For me, being a Mom is a special honor that has been given to me. I have the awesome challenge of raising two beautiful children and it is my duty to ensure that I have taught them all that I feel is important in life. To ensure that they are showered in unconditional love and grow up in a safe and healthy environment. To encourage them to believe in themselves and always be that soft place to fall should they stumble. To teach them to respect others and respect themselves. To encourage them to reach their dreams no matter how impossible they may seem and to find the lessons in mistakes. To find the ability to laugh at themselves and comfort those in need. To show them just how important family is and to always rely upon one another. And most importantly, to take the enjoyment out of life by living for each day.

I truly love being a Mom and cherish every moment that I experience. The good days and the long days; no matter what kind of day it is, I appreciate it just as much as the other.

3 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I appreciate today, too, and I appreciate all my wonderful mom friends ( real life or blog friends!) for the wonderful inspiration you are to us all... hope you've had the best Mother's Day!

xoxo
Steph

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day once again to one of the BEST mommies that I know!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully said. Happy Mother's Day!
Love the new look!