Sunday, October 15, 2006

The "Boy Chat"

Mommy walks in the door on Friday night from work. It is 6:00 pm, Daddy is cooking supper and Kaelen is running around playing hockey with himself.

Daddy: "Kaelen. Kaelen. Remember our Big Boy Chat today? What do you have to tell Mommy?"

Mommy: "What is that? Was Kaelen bad or something today?"

Daddy: "No". (with a smirk on his face)

Daddy: "Kaelen. What did you learn today from our chat? Anything about Mommy?"

Kaelen: "MOMMY!! Baby in tummy (as he slaps my belly)"

Mommy: "What did you say Kaelen? That Mommy has something in her tummy?"

Kaelen: "Yes. Baby in tummy. My big brother." (Kaelen refers to himself as my rather than me).

Have to say, that was rather easy telling him. Now all weekend long, he has been patting my belly and telling the world that there is a baby in there.

2 comments:

beth said...

So sweet. He'll be such a great big brother.

Unknown said...

Too cute! My daughter took it with perfect faith that I somehow had a baby inside of me. Breastfeeding was even more of a marvel for her. When I explained the baby would be eating mommy's milk, she asked if I could produce bagels, too. :-)