Monday, February 04, 2008

A Fresh Perspective

One of my goals this year is to journalize about life and what I have learned from it in the short (erm some would argue long) time that I have been living. In my early twenties, I got involved with a fabulous leadership camp that was hosted by Rotary International and it honestly changed my life. It gave me purpose and a positive direction to head towards. It taught me that I am the only one that can make my life something and that I need to use whatever is thrown in my path and learn from it.

So, sorry my friends, this blog site at least once a week will become somewhat of a journal sharing difficult or joyous life experiences and what I have learned from them. I have been told with sharing my story to others before, that it has helped them overcome their difficulties or it gave them the courage to start believing in themselves. If I can accomplish that with at least one person, then it is all worth it to bare my soul and expose the inner person that I am. Besides, writing my thoughts down is the best thing that I can do for myself as well for when I go back to read it, I can hold my head up high and pat myself on the back and tell myself "Good job Allie".

1 comment:

Goofball said...

hurray hurray for RYLA ;). Go Allie!