Friday, September 14, 2007

Getting To Know Me

Tagged by my new blogging friend Ellen, here are a few things that you may not know about me. Oh ... and keep checking out Ellen's site as she is eagerly awaiting the arrival of a precious little one and today is day two past her due date (unless you went into labour last night and none of us know ..... ) But first, here are the rules:


Post these rules before you give the facts. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. (If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.) When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post and then choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't' forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


Here were go:


L - Loud - Believe it or not for some of you that are just getting to know me, I used to be a very shy girl. Something changed at about the age of 8 and since then I grew to love being in the spotlight. Now, I am not loud in the obnoxious sort of way, but I do like to have a good debate, I love conversation and have a difficult time not talking, I like to public speak and well have been known to dress rather .... erm .... loud as my husband would say.


Y - Youthful - I want to stay young in mind forever. I am a firm believer that age is what you make of it, so if you act like you are 60, then you will be 60. If you keep a good outlook on life, learn from your mistakes and approach difficulties and troublesome times with humour, then it will help you maintain that youthfulness that we all see in our children. And, if that doesn't work, then be sure to hang out with children as their enthusiasm will certainly let you forget about your worries and troubles if only for a couple of minutes.


N - CommuNicative - Okay ... so I cheated. I am having a hard time with the N's that are descriptive of me. So I choose this one as it has a N in it. I love talking to people. I am a very verbal person. I want to get to know people, am fascinated by them and can sit for hours getting to know a person.

N - Neurotic - I used to be and to a certain aspect in my life still am. I am a perfectionist when it comes to myself. I used to be so concerned that I could have done better when failing and would beat myself up over it. As a result I became neurotic in everything in my life: something wasn't cleaned the right way, or jeez ... I haven't cleaned the house in two days ... a project at work could be done better .... to oh - that work function isn't being planned correctly so I will just take it over so it will be done right and perfectly. I am learning though and have definitely relaxed since becoming a mom. My children have taught me that imperfection is just as perfect and the world isn't going to fall apart if I don't do it perfectly.

E - Enthusiastic - I have endless amounts of energy. I am always up for a good laugh and will jump in feet first for almost anything. Wanna dress up bizarrely for no reason? Count me in. Wanna sing some off tune karaoke? Okay - I am in! I will join in on any fun regardless if it makes me look like a fool. I love to laugh and see others laugh so will do almost anything to ensure that happens.

Okay, so now you know a little more about me. I tag the following people in hopes to learn a little more about them: Christie, Breanne, Ellen, Jenn and Stephanie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! My middle name is Lynn!!! I think tags like this are so cool cuz you really get to know the people behind the blog.

Ellen said...

thanks for participating :) it was cool reading thro yours and getting to know you a little :) and no I have not had my baby yet as of Saturday, Sept 15, 9:30pm.. but maybe soon :) hahaha..

Jenn said...

You've given me two jobs today. Although i may be able to copy yours as well, becuase I'm also a Lynn =)

Jenn

Goofball said...

I finally played so go and check it out!