Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Child Care Secured

A big Yay and a big Ugh .....

I have been blessed to have totally lucked out and secured child care for both of my children come February. And, my family has hit the jackpot big time because it is back in the dayhome that Kaelen was in prior to me going on maternity leave. We truly feel that the dayhome that Kaelen was in was a godsend and Cathy ... well on more than one occasion I have told her that she is an angel that was sent to us. Cathy is incredible and as a parent, I couldn't have asked for anyone better to watch my babies while the two of us work.

Now, the ugh part means that I do have to head back to work come February and in reality it isn't that far away. That also means that I will likely have to dig out my old resume, update it and start beating the pavement soon to see what is out there. I would love to go back to my former place of employment that I was at before having Masyn but that will all depend on whether there is any openings at that time. I won't lie in admitting that there is a small part of me that continues to hope that a big dream job will open up for my husband come the end of the golf season that pays really well. Or at least well enough that it will allow for me to stay at home with my children and for us to live relatively comfortably. Kind of selfish of me isn't it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is selfish. You want to be a stay at home mommy! I think that is a fantastic thing to be able to do for your children. Even though our times won't allow for only one income....

kate said...

not at all selfish! mommying is the hardest work out there. it's not like you will be lounging around all day eating bon-bons.

Jenn said...

Isn't it nice to have great day care. I agree with the other posters I don't think it's selfish, but admirable to want to stay home with your kids. I don't know if I could stay home full time with my kids. I'm lucky that I can do both part time.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Not selfish at all!

You are so blessed to have found someone so great to take care of your kids!

sari said...

I don't think you're selfish either. I really enjoy being able to see my boys grow up. My parents were divorced and all I remember from growing up was my mom being at work every day after school. It's nice to be able to stay home, but it is a huge financial sacrifice!