Monday, September 25, 2006

A Day for Telling Secrets

Mommy: "Kaelen, please for the 100th time, please do not jump on Mommy's tummy. Mommy can't play as rough with you anymore. We need to be careful."

Kaelen: "Boo-boo?"

Mommy: "Yes honey, Mommy has a boo-boo there, that is why you have to be careful with her tummy."

Kaelen lifts up Mommy's shirt and places wet kisses all over her bruised and slightly swelling tummy.

This is a daily conversation that we have been experiencing over the past couple of months. I just wonder when Kaelen will discover that he is kissing and already bonding with his brother or sister that is baking in my tummy. The bruising is from injections that I must take daily to ensure that I maintain my pregnancy. It is an anti-coagulant for a blood clotting disorder that was discovered after recurrent miscarriages.

I am 16 weeks and 5 days today and still live with the fears of losing this pregnancy. I look forward to the moment of feeling this little one moving around within me to reassure me that all is okay and dream of the day when Kaelen can be there, holding my tummy when he feels his sibling trying to make contact with him for the first time.

4 comments:

Bella said...

Yippee! Woohoo! Another mini-Whittingham! Congrats lady!

Anonymous said...

Tee Tee can't wait to meet the new little one!!!!!!

Goofball said...

Yipppeeee!! Congratulations from Belgium! Lots of happy sheers :).

Keep us up to date as you are doing right now because we are very excited for you ! And very curious people too.

beth said...

Congratulations! I love the thought of him kissing his little sibling through you every day.

It must be hard to have that fear be so prominent in your mind. I remember being very afraid during my pregnancy and that was without previous complications so I can't imagine. It sounds like you were able to detect the problem though and I'm sure you have a healthy baby on the way. I'm so happy for you and your family, especially the future big brother!