Friday, October 03, 2008

We Interrupt This Message

Sorry guys ... we have a delay today so the contest will not go live until at least tomorrow. Masyn sadly has been diagnosed with another kidney infection late yesterday afternoon so we are struggling to keep her temperature down, getting the needed medicine in her and keeping her hydrated.



As silly as this sounds, I feel like this has been a HUGE blow to us, especially her. Just when we thought that we didn't have to worry about a recurrent episode, we get hit with this. Because we live in such a small town now, we won't get the true results until Tuesday as ironically, the test cultures were sent to Calgary for analysis. Luckily, we are still close enough to Calgary for the Children's Hospital to get involved again. She will need to again have MRI's and nuclear scans done on her kidneys to determine what exactly is causing this.



Until then, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the antibiotics kick in soon because running spiking fevers of 40+C can't be good for her .....

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh no!! Poor Masyn. That is no fun...for her or for you! Let's hope this is the last time she'll have one of these infections!

Jenn said...

I'll be thinking about you and Masyn. It does seem like a blow, you haven't mentioned anything about her health, so I was sure it was good. I'm sure the antibiotics will help. If you do need to come here and need somewhere for Kaelen to go, let us know and he can come play with Lucas.

Jenn

Allie said...

You are right Jenn, Masyn's health has been great since the last known infection. As of this morning (Saturday), her fever seems to have lessened so I am sure by end of day today, it will go away altogether.

Thanks for the offer of playing with Lucas. We will certainly keep that in mind, but then again, I may just have to specifically request your services with the new scans that will need to be done on Masyn. (insert big wink here). I spoke to the Children's yesterday and my family doctor here and the specialist that we worked with there, are having scheduled call on Monday to discuss the results and our next course of action. i was told though to be prepared to come back to Calgary for more testing to be done.

Goofball said...

oh no, I hope the fever has gone down a bit already. it must be so painful.

I have my fingers double crossed that the scans show the cause for this recurrance adn that we learn how to deal with it.

Be sure that I am thinking of your family !! Big hug, I wish I could be there with you to help out right now.

Give a little kiss on Masyn's forhead for me.

Goofball said...

how is masyn doing?

Breanne said...

Get better soon Masyn!!!!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Boats said...

Oh my goodness. That poor little girl! Praying for her now.

Amber said...

I am so so so sorry! I have been fortunate not to have to deal with children's health issues yet. Hopefully the antiotics will kick in and this will all be ancient history!