Monday, October 08, 2007

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Last night we had a fabulous day filled with great company, food and many many laughs. My sister was in town for the long weekend so the day was guaranteed to have some sillyness practiced. Gosh I miss her so very much, but am thankful that I can at least talk to her everyday via the phone and see her every couple of months.


As with every holiday, I have the tendancy to get very reflective - okay ... who am I kidding ... I am always reflective. Nevertheless, Thanksgiving is a day where one should take a moment to appreciate all that is good in their lives. We are blessed to have had the rich feast that we did last night, to have loving family to spend it with and a warm cozy environment to enjoy it in. My thoughts and prayers went out to those who don't have a secured warm environment to relax and enjoy life, to those who struggle just to put food in their bellies, to those who are alone and have no one to call family, to those who are putting their lives in danger in order for others to be allowed to live a life of their own, to those families who live in fear everyday that it could be their loved one next to fall in the line of duty, and to those who are in mourning for a loss; May you all find some kind of comfort to help ease your pains and worries.


On an ending note, aren't I a lucky lass? I mean, just look at this family picture taken last night; I have a handsome husband who loves me so very much and two gorgeous, precious children that are the joys of our lives. (And yes, that is my son demonstrating at how HUGE his muscles are)



5 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Your family is LOVELY! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Steph

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your family IS beautiful!

Andrea said...

Happy Thanksgiving...and wow...your son has some great muscles there! haha...TOO cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, we do a lot to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Goofball said...

always awesome to see a picture of you online!
I am thankfull for knowing you!