Thursday, April 16, 2009

YOU CAPTURE - WEEK 8

One would think that seeing as I pretty much live in the redneck capital of North America, that this week's theme would be cinch. Mmm hmm .... every where I went throughout the week I was "seeing" opportunities, wishing that I had batteries for my camera. When crunch time came around (ahem .... yesterday afternoon), all of those opportunities were no longer there: the rusted old wagon in the neighbor's yard up the block: gone. Heading out to Fort Steele, a heritage town: too late. That really old fence post with a wagon wheel leaning against it: burnt down.

Upon my sister's suggestion, I was going to take photos of my house only realizing that I will save that for a retro theme or something that Beth may come up with. Because believe you me folks, my house will spank any other house out there in the retro category.

It was my son's suggestion that we go to the forest park just up the road. And it was also his suggestion to take photos of the "really" old bird house and fence with pine cones right beside it. I even took them in sepia in hopes that it added to the ambiance of the moment. So, if it this is not rustic, let's just pretend for my four year old that it is K?








Would you like to play along? Or, how about checking out other's photos in this great fun? Head on over here, it will be worth your while!

17 comments:

Alice said...

i love the fence shots! i like using lines and fences are wonderful lines. now you just need to go back there and stand your little 4 year old somewhere near that fence and take some more shots :O)

i have my "rustic" post up now, so feel free to come on by The Shadow of the Cross for a visit :O)

Ellen said...

I enjoyed your pics, and I think your son was on the right track.. they do look like rustic shots :)

The Animator's Wife said...

Love the sepia, that tone makes everything look old and rustic. Good thinking!

Anonymous said...

I think they turned out great! Love the fence shots.

Erin said...

I love the fence shots! I think they make a great perspective.

tiarastantrums said...

great shots - I really like the pinecones

Capturing Sunshine said...

You totally have yourself a little assistant! Four years old and already an eye!!! I love your shots. I really love the second one. Great colorizing too.

Christy M. said...

The second one is amazing! Great angle and I love the sepia tone! I think it's adorable that your son was helping you!

audrey said...

These are great! I love the sepia tones. I did that to mine to make it appear more rustic, too. :)

Amy J said...

The fence shots are wonderful!

Bacardi Mama said...

These are so cool. I love black and white shots.

InTheFastLane said...

I love the shots of the fence and pine needles. It makes them look so soft.

april said...

I really like the second shot!! Awesome!

Goofball said...

they look great!

Unknown said...

I love the second one! Very rustic feel with the pine cones and the fence. And I think sepia tones help the rustic theme very much. Very nice photos!!!

Unknown said...

great captures...i like the birdhouse!

Unknown said...

It is your latest series that REALLY makes me want to take up photography. There is such power and beauty in the simplest things around us!