Monday, June 05, 2006

The Legacy of a Woman

Florence McIvor turned 90 years old on May 16, 2006. 90! Can you imagine what my grandma has seen in her lifetime? Probably silent movies, black and white TV's, dramas on the radio. The first time man in space to man walking on the moon. Color TV's or even the first frozen TV dinner. All of the big things and all of the small things. I am pretty sure that Grandma wrote a few things down on her birthday about what she has seen and done in her lifetime to date, so if I ever get my hands on that, I will be sure to share it with you!

Grandman created a legacy when she had 6 children with my grandpa, Elwood McIvor. All of their kids when on to procreate and help populate Western Canada. And ... when you get the McIvor clan together including all of my grandpa's brothers and their families, it is one big shin dig of cousins left, right and center. Kind of like a hill billy reunion - you are related to everyone in some sort of way.

Anyways, if I live to be the ripe ole age of 90, I sure hope that I can leave a legacy like this along the way. This is all of Florence McIvor's grandchildren and all but 9 of her great grandchildren in attendance to celebrate her 90th birthday on May 20, 2006.





Auntie Cookie, Me, Kaelen and Nana (my mom). Our tiny little branch of the family.

No comments: