Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mommy Loves Weekends

I love weekends! I know that I am just one person amongst millions who would also agree. But....what are their reasons?

I love the weekends because it means that I get to spend two entire days with Kaelen. I can play with him, get frustrated at times with him and teach him things. The one that means the most to me right now is that I can share his nap times with him. My mother and mother-in-law are likely cringing as they read this, but yes - I love sleeping next to my son while he naps.

There is just something so peaceful and relaxing when your child trustingly slumbers at your side. It is the essence of contentment at times for me. When he curls his little body into mine and the gentle snore that sometimes comes with it, it just allows me to forget about all of the worries of the week and relax myself. He is like a sleeping angel, full of so much innocence and potential. It is humbling for me. And while I just drift off to a beautiful sleep myself, there is often a tear or two thanking God or whom ever, for giving me this precious little boy. It is an honour that I am thankful for everyday of my life.

No comments: